Visa Requirement Procedure
Visa Application Process normally takes up to Six Weeks. As a licensed Tour Operator Quick Travellers will process your “Bhutan Visa” immediately on receipt of the Tour Fund based on the Final Itinerary.
A copy of the “Bhutan Visa” will be emailed to you as soon as it has been approved. Though, the ‘Check-in Counter’s’ of the concerned Airlines would have been provided with a copy of your Visa, it is advisable to carry the copy sent to you. Please follow the process as below:
This is the steps which you have to take:
- Book a Bhutan tour package with a licensed Tour Operator
- Purchase & confirm your air-tickets on DrukAir or Bhutan Airlines
- Ensure that you have a passport with at least six months validity at the point of arrival in Bhutan
- Download Form Here.
- Provide the information required as listed below:
- Full name as per passport
- Mailing address
- Contact No. (mobile preferred)
- Submit a scanned copy of your passport.
- Submit a scanned copy of student ID for student discounts
All tourists (excluding Indian, Bangladeshi and Maldivian passport holders) to Bhutan must have a visa approved prior to arriving in the Kingdom. Those who have not had a visa approved will not be permitted to board flights to Bhutan. A Single Entry Visa costs US$40 and is stamped in your Passport at Paro Airport during the immigration process. Visas are approved and issued prior to entry, with the per-payment of your Travel Itinerary. Therefore, visitors to Bhutan need to finalize their Travel Plans well in advance. Recommended minimum 120 days ahead for those coming during High Seasons.
Note: payment for Bhutan tours can only be remitted by Telegraphic/Electronic transfer to the account of Bhutan National Bank. We will provide you with the appropriate bank account details for wiring your tour payments to Bhutan once your tour has been confirmed. This payment procedure applies to all license tour operators. A copy of the remittance of the transfer must be emailed to us.
The full tour payment must be settled one or two months in advance of beginning of tour to clear the Visa and other necessary travel documents. The tour booking will be confirmed only after we received of the tour payment. As per the directives of the Tourism Council of Bhutan, full payment shall be made in advance and in US dollars. The payment must be deposited directly into the Tourism Council of Bhutan’s bank account and in addition, Quick Travellers will not receive payment from the Tourism Council of Bhutan until your trip has concluded and you have departed from Bhutan. The payment shall be remitted by International Wire Transfer to the Account of BHUTAN NATIONAL BANK with beneficiary company as Quick Travellers. Upon confirmation of your tour, we will inform you of our bank details so that you can transfer the payment.
Minimum Daily Package
What does USD 200/250 per day minimum package includes?
- All internal Taxes and charges (including the royalty).
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
- All meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
The minimum daily package for tourists traveling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- High Season Tariff: USD $250 per person per night halt (March, April, May, September, October & November)
- Low Season Tariff: USD $200 per person per night halt (January, February, June, July, August & December)
The Rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
Tourists travelling in a smaller group of less than three persons shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates, as follows:
- Single individual – US $40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US $30 per person per night
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD $40 for children up to the age of 4 years. However Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on rate.
A GROUP SIZE DISCOUNT of 50% on shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.